Are you a hater of Valentine’s Day? Do you tell yourself you HATE Valentine’s Day because it’s a commercially made-up holiday and you are too cool for school for stuff like that? Um, okay.
But really, if you think like that, do you like any holidays? Because sister (mister), all holidays these days are commercially driven. Ever wonder why all the stores open at noon on Thanksgiving? But regardless, I think all holidays are a time to eat, drink, and be merry so
And Valentines is no different.
First of all, you don’t have to have some sexy lover to enjoy Valentine’s day. I mean, that’s a bonus and all but even your cat, I know mine is, can be your Valentine. And if you have kids, you better make Valentines a fun day. Your kids need to learn that loving yourself and others
Here are some fun ways you can celebrate Valentine’s Day even if you hate Valentines Day:
- Send a card and a cute pair of socks to a friend and tell them how much they mean to you
- Buy your cat some catnip and a new toy and relish how happy and a little crazy it makes her
- Get your nails done, get a massage, and buy a new pair of shoes
- Go buy a new power tool that makes really loud noises and build something fun and give it to your mom
- Drink a really expensive bottle of wine like it’s 2 buck chuck (this is a really fun one!)
- Send your kids on a scavenger hunt around the house (like Easter) to find little candies and treats
I promise if you do just one of these things on this list, you will have a great Valentine’s Day!
For an extra special love, make this yummy cocktail-
I was pretty proud of myself for cutting the strawberries into little heart shapes!
That’s a big creative win for me:) This cocktail though…so yummy. While testing recipes I might have gotten a little (or a lot) tipsy and this one I finally landed on was so good I drank two of them! So if you are trying to get your Valentine in the mood, this might do the trick.
This cocktail pairs amazingly well with chocolate and what could be more fitting for Valentine’s Day! Check out my fudge recipe if you really want to treat your Valentine right.
I hope you have a fantastic Valentine’s day!
Did you like this recipe? Please leave a comment below or share to Pinterest!